New Zealand Certificate in English Language (Academic) (Level 4)
The overall aim of the programme is to meet the strategic purpose statement and the graduate profile outcomes of the qualification New Zealand Certificate in English Language (Academic) (Level 4), to produce graduates who will be able to use English relevant to an academic context.
The focus will be on interactive learning where teachers will undertake the roles of facilitators of learning and mentors rather than a traditional lecturer role. Students will be encouraged to realise their potential and share personal experiences to enhance their learning and the learning of others. Delivery methods will include:
･Learning facilitation by teaching staff
･Practical exercises to assist students to achieve the learning outcomes of the programme. Exercises can be drawn from a range of available texts, workbooks, articles from a range of news media and the Internet
･Group discussions/ groupwork
･Role plays ･Brainstorming ･Mind-mapping
･Videos ･Student diaries/ personal logs ･Goal setting
･Personal reflection ･Buddy systems
|1883|| New Zealand Certificate in English Language|
(Level 4) – New Zealand Qualifications Authority
Duration: 18 Weeks (16 weeks teaching)
Time:Morning Class: 9:00am – 13:00pm Afternoon Class: 13:15pm – 17:15pm
- Have English as a foreign language; AND
- Be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident; OR
- hold a Certificate of Refugee Status and provide evidence of eligibility to study for the duration of enrolment; OR
- Have a student visa
- hold a New Zealand Certificate in English Language (Level 3) or equivalent knowledge and skills; OR
- hold IELTS General or Academic score of 5.5, with no band score lower than 5.0.
2019 Intakes for Auckland Campus and Christchurch Campus:
21st January / 25th February / 29th April / 1st July / 2nd September / 28th October
- After the completion of this programme, students will receive their Certificate from NZQA, which can be officially used as a proof of your English level in New Zealand.
- After the completion of this programme, students receive KITE Certificate and Academic Progress Report.
- Student ID card •Job search support and advice
Students who completed NZCEL Level 4 of KITE are able to deliver their academic pathways such as:
- New Zealand Certificate in English Language Level 5
- Most undergraduate degrees