Diploma in Healthcare Management Level 7
Purpose of this programme is to provide appropriate knowledge and skills in an holistic manner for the management of private and public healthcare services in the community, taking into account requirements relating to ethnicity and cultural diversity, particularly among Maori, Pasifika and other New Zealanders.
Programme aims to develop knowledge and skills in leadership and management focusing on health care governance, practices, strategies, trends, research, the quality of service delivery and resources and personal development and professionalism for a manager in the healthcare sector.
The Programme consists of 120 credits of study comprising six papers of 20 credit each;
701 Management and Leadership in Healthcare
602 Healthcare System Policies, laws, and Ethics
703 Practice Career Professionalism
704 Total Quality Management in Healthcare
605 Applied Research in Health
Duration: 40 Weeks (36 weeks teaching)
- Student must be aged 18 years and over
- A level 6 qualification (or equivalent) in healthcare, such as Nursing OR
- A degree in other related disciplines* OR
- A minimum of four years relevant industry experience in a healthcare related field requiring knowledge and equivalent to at least a Level 6 Healthcare qualification.
- International students for whom English is not their first language must also have an IELTS score of 6.0 (Academic) with no individual band less than 5.5, or TOEFL score of 550, PToE (Academic) score of 50 with no band score lower than 42, or OET (with minimum rating of B or equivalent evidence of English Language proficiency
* Contact us about the related disciplines
21st January/ 11th March/ 17th June/ 23rd September/ 28th October
28th January/ 6th May/ 17th June/ 16th September/ 11th November
- Student can work up to 20 hours per week and 40 hours per week during school holidays
- Qualification earns 50 points toward Skilled immigrant category in New Zealand
- 90 Hours of practical experience as part of their studies to one of the sector workplaces such as community-based and outreach health services rest home / aged care facility, clinic care, school based clinic, hospital care, rehabilitation centre