General English Course
The overall aim of the programme is to equip our students with the English language skills of speaking, listening, reading and writing; and abilities to communicate at a level appropriate to their everyday English requirements.
KITE provides both morning class and evening class so you can choose the best time to avoid any difficulties of your leaning opportunity!
Our lecturers at KITE are all language-teaching professionals for non-English speakers. Also, KITE is not just a school to provide English classes but also we are here to support you to experience New Zealand culture and have a joyful study life!
- Pre-Intermediate (Training Scheme)
- Intermediate (Training Scheme)
- Upper-Intermediate (Training Scheme)
- Morning Class: 9:00am – 13:00pm (20 hours per week)
- Evening Class: 17:30pm – 21:30pm (20 hours per week)
Duration: 18 Weeks (16 weeks teaching)
Duration: Minimum 1 week Recommended 12 weeks
- Have English as a foreign language; AND
- Be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident; OR
- hold a Certificate of Refugee Status and provide evidence of eligibility to study for the duration of enrolment; OR
- Have a student visa
- hold a New Zealand Certificate in English Language (Level 3) or equivalent knowledge and skills; OR
- hold IELTS General or Academic score of 5.5, with no band score lower than 5.0.
Every Monday (it may slide to Tuesday if Monday is a Public holiday. KITE will be closed during the school Christmas holiday)
- KITE will issue a KITE Certificate of Completion and Academic Report at the successful completion of their programme.
- Students may apply for the part-time work permission (20 hours per week and 40 hours per week during school holidays) to INZ if the student will apply more than 6 months General English programme and hold IELTS 5.0 score.
- More opportunities to go field trips and experience the culture in New Zealand
- Student ID card benefits*
- Job search support and advice
* KITE Student ID card will be issued for students who enrol more than 12 weeks.